Weight of forged wheels
Let's dispel the doubts of our customers about the weight of the wheel once and for all. It happens that our customers post reviews that the weight of the purchased rim does not correspond to the weight of the rim indicated on the official website. These discrepancies have a number of objective reasons:
1) all models of wheels are made to order according to the parameters of the client for the corresponding car;
2) the weight of the wheel will be influenced by all its technical parameters:
- departure (ET). Less reach
- more weight, because the hub will become thicker;
- number of mounting holes (HOLES) 4/5/6;
- diameter of the center hole (DIA). More diameter
- less weight;
- the diameter of the location of the mounting holes (PCD). For example, 5/100, 5/130
- the diameter of the rim hub will be different
- the weight of the rim will differ accordingly. - the density of the metal in the stamping during its plastic deformation also has an effect on the weight of the disk; it also has a small spread.
It is important to understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE to describe all the variations in the weight of the wheel on the website, therefore we have indicated the AVERAGE WEIGHT for each model for your convenience. Forged wheels are very light - that's a fact! Some customers, when buying a lightweight wheel, hope to improve the handling of their car, reduce fuel consumption, and more precise suspension work due to the reduced weight of the wheel. This is absolutely true! But at the same time completely forgetting that in addition to a properly selected lightweight wheel, it is extremely important to choose the right tire in terms of diameter, width, load, speed index, and purpose. A lightweight, durable wheel will not fix your old worn tires, but, on the contrary, can further reveal problems with them. Do not forget that tires also have different weights. When buying a forged wheel, you reduce about 20% of the weight relative to a cast one, but you need to understand that the key to success is a correctly matched pair: wheel + tire
If you want to know the exact weight of the model, please write to us , Indicate the model and all technical characteristics of the rim, our engineers will carry out calculations and tell you the mass of the rim with a minimum error of up to 100 grams.